Tuesday, April 19, 2011

English Major?

Here I sit, looking up classes to take for next fall. I am getting a little stressed. I know that being an english major means I have to write a lot (obviously!) but what if I can't do it? What if people have been lying to me my whole life and I'm really not that great at writing? What if I can't do it? What if I can't keep up with all the people around me?

I know, I know I shouldn't be thinking like this. If I don't believe in myself then who will? Well, actually a lot of people do. I am really grateful for that. I just wish that I could see myself through someone else's eyes sometimes.

I am just having a little freak out is all. Don't worry, I will get through it. I always do. With the help of prayer, family, and friends.

Because you know what? I can do anything. That is what is so great about being alive at this time. I have so many opportunities before me, and so many people to turn to if I need them. So I am going to take this self doubt I am having right now and kick it in the face. BAMMM. If I want to do this, I will have to work hard and BELIEVE in myself.

Here I go. My change of attitude is starting right now. No more doubt whispering in my ear saying:
"You can't do this!"
"You aren't smart enough!"
Because as a wise person once said:

"Whether you think you can or you can't, you're right"
-Henry Ford

And here is a cute picture just so this blog isn't so boring!!

4 comments:

  1. love you melbel! you can do it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mel...
    This post is proof that you are a good writer. Don't fret! you are going to do amazing things in your life. <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. So I think I'm a little bit emotional right now but this made me cry. Shoot. Haha. You're going to be fabulous as an English Major! I can't wait to hear all about it. You seriously are so passionate about it and will make it a worthwhile adventure. Love you so much.

    ReplyDelete