Thursday, May 5, 2011

all good things must come to an end...

this is it folks. one more final tomorrow morning and i am officially done with my freshman year of college. what a year it has been. never in my life have i grown so much. at first it was painful, extremely painful, and at times i wanted to give up. but in the end, it was one of the best things that has ever happened to me. this has been the best year of my life. i am going to copy my great friend amelia and list some things i have learned this year.

being away from my family is hard
but it is fun to skype with my sisters
and with kimmee and maggie
bullen hall 205 is the best place to live
girls from heber are the best girls there are, especially if there names are allie and lexi
keeping in touch with friends back home isn't hard. sometimes you become even closer
you have to study if you want good grades, it just doesn't come as easy anymore
chandler, whitney, mary, and amelia are cute names. and cute people. and great friends.
jordan elsie jones is no longer just a friend, she's my sister
it's okay to cry sometimes
it is also okay to let people hold you when you cry
it's fun to get letters from missionaries
music always gets me through and doesnt let me down
i have my own testimony and it is stronger than i thought it was.
you can pray about anything, even the things you might think are stupid.
reading scriptures really do make me feel better.
math sucks.. but i think i already knew that
money doesn't just always appear magically in my bank account
sometimes you cant just go buy things when you want to
calling people on the phone isn't a life or death situation
deep conversations are the best, so are spiritual ones
when you live in bullen hall, you make lifelong friends
i am really going to miss the cute boys i met here going on their missions
going to college isn't just about getting an education
if you are pmsing, take some alone time
walking through the graveyard is therapeutic
a lot of people love me and have my back
change is hard but brings the most growth
the priesthood is incredible and so essential
sometimes you have to clean things and it sometimes isn't fun
doing the dishes sometimes relieves stress.
nicholette is a great roommate. and a great person
things always seem to have a way of working themselves out.

thanks to all who made this year so good. i love you.







3 comments:

  1. i loved this! you are incredible melanie and i hope you know that you are going to do great things in life! i am so glad that you jumped into college and gave it your all. that is the best way to have fun! i love you so much mel! see you soon!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love you Mel! :) (And I agree with the Dishes=Relieved Stress thing) You were such an awesome roommate! Love you tons!

    ReplyDelete
  3. MEL!!!!! I love you so much girl and I know that we were assigned to 205 for a reason - to become life-long friends! I miss you so much and thank you for being a wonderful girl and great friend! Love you lots! xoxo

    ReplyDelete